Jotted down on the inside cover of my journal — 6 thoughts to help me stay the course. Any one of them can change my day, together they can change my life.
1. Life isn’t perfect, but it IS amazing. Don’t strive for a “perfect” life…it doesn’t exist. Instead, look around you, see and remember that life is an extraordinary gift. Live in radical amazement.
2. It’s okay to have down days. Expecting life to be wonderful all the time isn’t reasonable. Instead, strive to let go and be at peace with the reality of life’s ups and downs.
3. Every experience holds an important lesson. Don’t push disappointment, tragedies, and mistakes aside. They are stepping stones.
4. Change happens.It can be terrifying, but all growth and healing require change. Learn to trust the journey, even when you don’t understand it.
5. My happiness today is simply a matter of perspective. Regardless of the situation, you have a choice in perspective, and consequently, attitude.
6. The work is worth it. Lose the expectation that things in life should be easy. Enjoy the challenge. Celebrate your achievements.